Saturday, July 5, 2014
1. Ron home early on Thursday and off on Friday! I love having him home!
2. BBQ ribs! A slab... oh so good.
3. Murphy. Our funny little shihtzu.
4. Our Ladies Bible Study... I prefer to call them "Women of the Word". We are in James and going verse by verse. Awesome.
5. Josephine. I love this dear lady in our church from Jamaica. She is in her 80's... spry, wise and kind. She will be going back to her country tomorrow for a few months. I always miss her.
6. Rain. Blessing and a curse this week... Ron was sitting at his desk Thursday night during a hard rainstorm and all of a sudden, water was dripping on his head. YIKES. The ceiling was leaking! He had to climb up in the attic and put drip buckets up there. Looks like the flashing around the chimney is leaking. Oh gosh, another project. Now that has to be fixed, along with the ceiling. Never ends.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I discovered I can do so much by myself and love the self paced tech class. I have taken the 2 hour classes we have at the support center but sometime left feeling like I only understood the introductions by the time it was over. This class was wonderful for me since I could read, study, play, try and try again until I "got it".
The Craft Videos were amazing....best ever! I even got my husband in here to watch and learn.
The wiki's were good and I plan to start one in Sunday School in a couple of days for a project. I just hope everyone doesn't flip out when I explain how to do it!!
Teacher Tube is awesome. I really had a problem with video buffering slowly last year in class so it made lessons draggy. I hope this year is better.
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I will always be a life long learner. I can never die since my list of books stretch out to Mars that I have to read ASAP. Tech learning is now included in that learning. I will always need assistance in WHERE to go for that learning and I will look to my SBISD head librarian!
Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I have always used yahoo mail and since I started this class I am a gmail convert. I use google mail, calendar, docs, blog and have my grown children have their calendar so we can share. I really love it.
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
My first thought was to tell you to WARN people it would NOT take 18 hours to finish this class but you might not have anyone sign up....... :) I cannot imagine how many hours I spent on this "18 hour" class. I am not complaining since I knew it in the beginnning but there are many more than the 18 to get through this unless you have done most of the exercises before.
Honestly, I can't think of anything to improve the program. I didn't have trouble with anything except lesson 21 and I think it was me and not the format.
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
Each lesson was a window of opportunity for me to explore cyber-learning activities provided to me by our library to continue my lifelong learning and to upgrade my classroom teaching bringing Web 2.o to my young students.
I am very pleased but a little sad to be finished with the lessons! I have really enjoyed them! Thank you so much!
The teacher sites seem limited at this point but I am sure it will grow as word spreads. I like the idea that one "type" of teacher can come together to grow and learn. As other posts have stated, I think it really needs to be a professional site and not one to air our dirty laundry since the entire world reads it.
I didn't sign up for an account at Ning since I think I have enough on my plate now. It may be a place I go later and revisit.
Thanks for introducing this to me.