Wednesday, July 30, 2008

#23 Evaluation....... THE END!!!!!!!!

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I discovered I can do so much by myself and love the self paced tech class. I have taken the 2 hour classes we have at the support center but sometime left feeling like I only understood the introductions by the time it was over. This class was wonderful for me since I could read, study, play, try and try again until I "got it".

The Craft Videos were amazing....best ever! I even got my husband in here to watch and learn.

The wiki's were good and I plan to start one in Sunday School in a couple of days for a project. I just hope everyone doesn't flip out when I explain how to do it!!

Teacher Tube is awesome. I really had a problem with video buffering slowly last year in class so it made lessons draggy. I hope this year is better.


How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I will always be a life long learner. I can never die since my list of books stretch out to Mars that I have to read ASAP. Tech learning is now included in that learning. I will always need assistance in WHERE to go for that learning and I will look to my SBISD head librarian!

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I have always used yahoo mail and since I started this class I am a gmail convert. I use google mail, calendar, docs, blog and have my grown children have their calendar so we can share. I really love it.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

My first thought was to tell you to WARN people it would NOT take 18 hours to finish this class but you might not have anyone sign up....... :) I cannot imagine how many hours I spent on this "18 hour" class. I am not complaining since I knew it in the beginnning but there are many more than the 18 to get through this unless you have done most of the exercises before.

Honestly, I can't think of anything to improve the program. I didn't have trouble with anything except lesson 21 and I think it was me and not the format.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

YES!

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

Each lesson was a window of opportunity for me to explore cyber-learning activities provided to me by our library to continue my lifelong learning and to upgrade my classroom teaching bringing Web 2.o to my young students.

I am very pleased but a little sad to be finished with the lessons! I have really enjoyed them! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

Congratulations on finishing! It is an accomplishment! It took me way more than 18 hours, too. But it was so worth it! Now keep playing!
Have a great school year!