Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing #5 Flickr

I am feeling GREAT since I figured out how to capture and then add the picture to the blog! This step was very easy to do!

I can use flickr for my classroom in a "feelings" lesson since I teach social skills lessons each day with primary age children. This is a bulletin board idea from another teacher that I hope to use in August. It could be an ongoing "feelings" board to help the child express how they are feeling each day.

Another picture I liked of hers was of her classroom rules :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindah/113841605/

This is a great medium to post pictures of the kids work, your room for future reference, each child could have a group to add to.... nearly unlimited.

So many library ideas from Flickr that one could be up all night browsing. I do like the challenge from "the library man" to other library's to add one picture a day. It would a great photo log/memory album for your school.

I noticed that on Flickr that some things are copyrighted and others say "some rights reserved". http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en The teacher's picture I posted had "some rights reserved" so I was careful to give you her link.

I have used Photobucket and Webshots but I think I like Flickr better even in this short time.


2 comments:

arkreynolds said...

I'm glad your having fun with 23 Things. It really is addicting and the experience is valuable in the classroom. My students loved learning how to blog, make magazine covers, and create podcast! Keep up the great work.

arkreynolds said...

Blogging problem! No spell check!! Your should have been you're - so sorry!