Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #7 Google Tools

Wow, I think I spent 3 hours on this Google tools exercise. I loved every minute of it!

Google calendar is much easier than Outlook. I like the Google Homepage and was a snap to make it. I made a "to do" list and it is not done at all today.....
The google calendar would be a great tool to set up and let parents access it. Would be easier than sending group emails and one could change it quickly.

Older students could make their own for assignments.

The notebook took much longer for me to figure out. I can see the value and would just have to play with it. My younger children would not use that much in class but I can see older children using it.

The Picasa was not user friendly at all. I will stick with Flickr. It was harder to upload and manage pictures. I was not impressed at all with that program.


I have used Google Earth for over a year and even use the paid version. It is fun to use and I use it at school, also.

Sending home links for parents to try is always a big hit. I like to have "Internet" homework and that goes over very big with the family. I will include many links you have shared with this course.

1 comment:

Amitch said...

Google Reader has been my favorite new Google tool I discovered. Google is so much more than just a search engine. Who knew?