Monday, July 28, 2008

#16 Wikis

Wikis are amazing. Since I had only heard the term, it took me a few minutes to understand how they totally replace "group" email and the back and forth of trying to set something up or working on a project.

I can see such potential using Wiki's in the upper grades.

Personally, I can see using Wiki's more out of school than in since I teach very young children. I might have to do some very creative thinking to get the kids involved on wikis at school but with teacher help they could be introduced to adding pictures, typing, seeing other's work, knowing they were working on a group project.

I have been on many committees, worked on pot-luck suppers with emails going around so we wouldn't all bring the same thing, coordinating a weekends with several couples on a trip.... I can see lots of possibilities with Wiki's in my personal life. It will make things much easier.

I also can see that it will take some time to educate my friends on what Wiki's are and how to use them before they will try them!

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

Love the wikis! I have some up with millions of ways to use them, and I'm sure you will, too! Keep playing!